Online Safety support for Parents and Carers
Each of the headings below link to the appropriate website for your convenience.
- BBC Webwise is part of the BBC website with help & support for all aspects of internet safety.
- The Digizen website – “This provides information for educators, parents, carers, and young people. It is used to strengthen their awareness and understanding of what digital citizenship is and encourages users of technology to be and become responsible Digital Citizens.”
- Keeping Young Children Safe Online (UK Safer Internet Centre) – A useful eSafety Guide for parents
- A guide from Google to show parents how they can protect your family online.
- The ‘Digital Parenting Guide’ from Vodaphone “Read about the very latest technology and challenges in our new magazine – our Expert View articles, ‘How to’ guides and Take Action checklists will help you to stay up-to-date and feel more confident about getting involved.
- The Cybersmile Foundation website (The Cyberbullying Charity)
- ‘The Parents’ and Carers’ Guide to the Internet’, has been created by CEOP to provide a light hearted and realistic look at what it takes to be a better online parent.
- “The Parents Guide to Technology from the UK Safer Internet Centre has been created to answer these questions and introduce some of the most popular devices, highlighting the safety tools available and empowering parents with the knowledge they need to support their children to use these technologies safely and responsibly”.
- How to set up the parental controls offered by your internet provider (UK Safer Internet Centre)
- The parents section of the Know IT All website. The site contains information about positive ways young people are using different technologies, what the risks are to users and it outlines practical advice in avoiding or minimising risks when using online and mobile technologies.
- Child Safety Online Overview (Knowthenet)
- Advice for parents and carers on cyberbullying
- Webcam safety- BBC Webwise
- Avoiding Ratting Remote Access Trojans